WITH SIMPLY COREY PHOTOGRAPHY
Thank you so much for trusting Simply Corey Photography with your family's first memories! Please take a moment to read through this page so you know what to expect from your portrait experience with me. Of course, you're always welcome to contact me with any questions you may have. The fastest way to reach me is via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, but you are also welcome to call: (678) 896-9502. I look forward to working with you!
• up to 3 hours in your home
• a private online gallery to view images on and order from
• approximately 40 edited images to choose from in your gallery
• 20 high-resolution digital images of your choice to download
• the option to purchase additional digital images and heirloom quality products
Each family is different, so reasons for having an at-home newborn session differ too. Here are the types of photos you may include during your session:
• studio-style photos of baby only with props I provide
• lifestyle photos of baby around the house (nursery, your bed, etc)
• photos of baby with parents/family around the house
• photos of baby with siblings, grandparents, and/or a well-behaved family pet
Newborns do best during their portrait session when they are in a deep sleep because they don't control their eyes and reflexes well yet. Here are a few tips to help your baby sleep during their session:
• I recommend stimulating your baby by giving them a warm bath and keeping them awake at least 1-2 hours before my arrival
• Dress baby in a sleeper that zips or snaps in the front before I arrive. Do not put baby in something that has to go over their head since this will disrupt them more.
• Try to plan a feeding as soon as I arrive. Most babies are happiest with full bellies!
• If you are breastfeeding, do not try any new foods and keep your meals mild the night before and the morning of.
• Babies are used to a 98.6ºF environment and sleep best when they are warm. I recommend warming the house to 78ºF.
• Be prepared for up to 3 hours of session time. Newborns run the show and may require extra feedings, diaper changes, etc.
• We will still be able to get beautiful photos if your baby refuses to sleep, as long as they are content. Swaddling usually helps, and I will be bringing a few for you to choose from. Be sure to list your favorite colors in the form I sent you!
You don't have to worry about clothing for your baby! Since most clothing tends to look big and bulky on babies, I recommend keeping things simple with wraps and/or outfits I will bring. You are welcome to put baby in a solid colored onesie for a few photos.
For family photos with the baby, I highly recommend that everyone wears solid colors that complement each other. Neutral colors photograph best. Avoid patterns, stark white, and large logos.
I will bring a small studio set up for baby only upon request. This includes a couple of different prop setups with wraps, hats, headbands, etc. We will discuss what you like before your session.
Please let me know ahead of time if you have anything specific in mind that you'd like to include or do during your session! You are welcome to include some sentimental items in your session, and I'd love for you to email me photos of what you have in mind beforehand so I can better prepare or let you know if they're usable!
Babies can sense stress! We will do our best to get baby sleepy and content - and take some beautiful photos!
I know getting ready at a certain time with a new baby can be challenging. Prepare as much as you can the night before and give yourself plenty of time to get ready in the morning so you don't feel rushed or frazzled.
• any special items or props you'd like to include
• diapers and wipes
• a pacifier - even if your baby doesn't normally use one
• 1-2 burp cloths
• be prepared to give extra feedings
• a plain white onesie
I typically show a sneak peek within the first couple of business days after your session! This is one photo from your session posted on my Facebook and Instagram accounts - and I will email you to let you know it has been posted so you don't miss it!
You're welcome to tag yourself in or click share underneath the Facebook photo and you can share the Instagram post to your own Instagram story to show your family and friends!
Your private online gallery will be ready approximately 2 weeks after our session and will be available for 5 consecutive days.
I will email you when your gallery is ready for viewing. Once you confirm a start date, I will email you detailed instructions on how to view and order. You are also welcome to share your gallery link and passwords with family and friends.
If your gallery expires, an extension may be purchased for $25 per day.
All gallery images are watermarked and low-resolution. Purchased digital images will not be watermarked, and will be high-resolution and suitable for printing your own enlargements.
All images are property of Corey Farrar of Simply Corey Photography, and it is illegal to copy, screenshot, download, or print images from your gallery.
Minor retouching is included in your session and covers small amounts of baby acne or dry skin.
If extensive editing is needed, there will be an additional retouching fee on ordered images. I will show an example on one or two images in your gallery and the rest will be done after images are ordered.
• Orders must be placed within the 5-day viewing period. If your gallery expires, an extension may be purchased for $25 per day.
• Payment plans may be arranged, but payment is due in full before orders are fulfilled and delivered.
• Digital image orders will be delivered electronically within 3 business days of payment clearing.
• All tangible orders are subject to 7% sales tax.
• Print and product orders will require a flat rate of $10 for shipping and may take up to 2 weeks to be delivered.
• Your session's images will be archived and guaranteed for 90 days from your order date. Please backup any purchased digital images for safekeeping.
• Due to the custom nature of the products offered, all sales are final.
Please email me at email@example.com with any questions!